Heresy Central

Roman Catholicism and Zionism Are Irreconcilable

Originally published at: http://heresycentral.is/dcdave/from-a-seminarian/

Guest column by a Catholic seminarian In 1904, Theodor Herzl, the founder of modern Zionism, was granted an audience with Pope St. Pius X. His purpose in meeting with the Pope was to gain support for the founding of a Jewish state in what was then known as Palestine. As Herzl recorded in his diary,…

1 Like

agree completely, bravo!

0 Likes

Thank you for this article. I have followed your work, dcdave, for at least ten years.

I agree with the general thesis of this writing but as a traditional Roman Catholic, I do not trust Vatican II documents which have so many many varying interpretations.

I am understanding that this article is a recent piece by an unnamed seminarian contributed to this Heresy.space website that features articles written by or contributed by dcdave.

My major concern is with the term “new Israel” as referring to the Church, the Catholic Church founded by Jesus. I do not believe that to be fact.

The term “new Israel” does not appear in the bible New Testament --at all. The term only appears in two places in Vatican II documents, once in AD GENTES and once in LUMEN GENTIUM

The term that the New Testament, Galatians 6:16, uses to refer to the Church is
The Israel of God.

14 But far be it from me to boast, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world hath been crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation. 16 And as many as shall walk by this rule, peace be upon them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Christus Vincet
Christus Regnat
Christus Imperat

0 Likes

If you look carefully, you will see that it is an old article, posted originally on my web site in 2003. As I re-read the article, it seems to me that he has made the case pretty effectively that the political Zionists now controlling the territory of Palestine are not entitled to call it “Israel” from a strictly Roman Catholic perspective. From a Christian perspective generally, I don’t think this bunch of mainly atheists has any rightful claim to the Biblical Israel as it is generally understood, either. Christians think of Israel as those people in Psalm 121 whom God “will neither slumber nor sleep” in protecting, but that is only because they have proved themselves worthy of protecting through devotion to the One True God. That is pretty far from the treacherous ethnic-supremacist crowd that has claimed the name for propagandistic purposes.

0 Likes

I most certainly understand completely that “Zionists now controlling the territory of Palestine are not entitled to call it “Israel” from a strictly Roman Catholic perspective.” (I did not trace back to your site the genesis of this article, but the seminarian who wrote the article is clearly under what is referred to as the novus ordo teaching in seminaries, which is teaching that is a complete break with Catholic dogma and doctrine over the millennia.

I have learned the most over the years on this subject from E. Michael Jones, Robert Sungenis, Texe Marrs, Father Donald Sanborn, Michael Hoffman, Brother Nathanael Kapner, Hugh Owen, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, Archbishop Marcelle LeFebvre, and an understanding of “the Brotherhood of Darkness” and Luciferianism and the centuries of “false flag” wars from Dr. Stan Monteith.

Christ said “My Kingdom is not of this world.”

It is not about a piece of real estate.

Saint Paul said in Galatians 3:28

“There is neither Jew nor Greek: there is neither bond nor free: there is neither male nor female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

It is not about DNA or amount of melanin in one’s skin.

I agree that the “Jews” in Israel cannot trace their lineage to Abraham, and by the way, Abraham was not even a semite. According to DNA studies the Palestinians can trace their lineage to Abraham.

God’s special people, the Israelites of Old, became infiltrated in their culture and in their thinking long before the Incarnation. The only thing the Israelis of today are “entitled to” is a chance to accept and conform their lives to Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, and that is the only hope for their eternal souls.

I could show at least three verses from the Old Testament that showed that God fulfilled ALL of his land promises to the Israelites and fulfilled them during Old Testament times so that Abrahamic covenant is completely abrogated and over with. However, Christ told us He is the fulfillment of the Mosaic covenant in His new eternal covenant, which we are still under until His return.

As I now understand more clearly, but is actually written in the Holy Scriptures throughout the New Covenant, here is the foundational teaching about “the Jews” from the beginning of Christ’s Church.

Saint Paul’s first epistle to the Thessalonians

[14] For you, brethren, are become followers of the churches of God which are in Judea, in Christ Jesus: for you also have suffered the same things from your own countrymen, even as they have from the Jews, [15] Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and the prophets, and have persecuted us, and please not God, and are adversaries to all mankind.

0 Likes